*Fuji x100t not pictured (I had to take a picture somehow, right? 🙂 )
Tools of the trade
“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” – Ansel Adams –
What you make it ( it being the photograph, of course ) with is unimportant. Gear is the tool – means to an end product! It doesn’t make the image, nor does it break it – you do. Better quality gear makes the process of making image bit easier, but by no means is it the most important part of image creating. But, as I do get asked by either clients or fellow photographers of my gear list, I’ve decided to share that with you.
Ever since I started shooting weddings, I’ve used full frame Nikon cameras. As of lately tend to use Fuji x100t in episodes (Honest review of this little amazing camera – HERE ). I trust my Nikon gear and it never fails me. Thus I don’t tend to go “lighter” to a full mirrorless system, as I see it to be trend lately.
- Nikon D75o ( buy it – HERE, review – HERE )
- Nikon D61o x2 ( buy it – HERE )
- FujiFilm x1oot ( I got mine used, and you can no longer buy a new one, as there is a newer version – x100f out and about. I recommend you get it HERE )
I currently shoot a combination of NIKKOR, SIGMA and SAMYANG lenses. My primary wish is to switch and go all NIKKOR. I could do entire wedding using only my 35 mm lens. It is industry standard (it is that versatile). But adding some other lenses does give me unique perspective and imagery.
- Samyang 14 mm T3.1 ( buy it – HERE )
- Nikkor 28 mm f1.8 G ( buy it – HERE )
- Sigma 35 mm f1.4 ART ( buy it – HERE )
- Nikkor 5o mm f1.8 G ( buy it – HERE )
- Nikkor 85 mm f1.8 G ( buy it – HERE )
Seems like we all want to know all about cameras and lenses, but we all need to understand that these bits and pieces complete my setup. Therefore speedlights, triggers, bags, straps, computers and external HDDs are every bit as important as camera or lens, no matter how farfetched it might sound.
- Nikon SB91o ( discontinued, but you can buy it’s succesor SB-5ooo – HERE )
- Yongnuo YN 560 x2 ( buy it – HERE )
- Handfull of SanDisk and Lexar eXtreme SD cards 32 and 64 GB ( buy them – HERE )
- PocketWizard Plus X ( buy them – HERE )
- ThinkTank Retrospective 30 Pinestone ( buy it – HERE )
- Custom built 64bit Windows desktop PC with dual monitor system ( Intel i5-4690 CPU @ 3,5o gHz QUAD CORE, 8 GB RAM – intending to upgrade to minimum of 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 75o GPU, 120 GB SSD system disc and a couple of 2TB Western Digital HDDs )
- Custom made dual camera genuine leather strap ( made by talented Vilim Vukoja )
- WD 2TB external HDD x2 ( buy them – HERE )
To be honest, I am happy with my setup, though I wouldn’t mind trading one D61o for another D75o. On the lenses, adding some specialty lenses would be great. But I’d have to try them and test them to see if I would enjoy them.
- Nikkor 24 mm f3.5 D Tilt Shift ( buy it – HERE )
- Nikkor 105 mm f2.8 Micro ( buy it – HERE )
- Nikkor 58 mm f1.4 G ( buy it – HERE )